Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply to country flag shown. To change your shipping location, change your country selection in upper right of the webpage.
All prices are subject to change without notice. The prices shown in this online catalog supersede all previous catalogs. However, we cannot control price increases by our suppliers. We also reserve the right to correct misprints. We will notify you before charging you more than the price shown in this catalog during the online catalog's life.
Open Account Billing Terms
Open accounts are available to companies rated "good" or higher by D&B, government agencies and recognized educational and research institutions. To open an account, please provide us with bank reference and account numbers and two trade references. Download our Credit Application (PDF 80KB).
Please provide us with a Purchase Order Number. Your issuance of a purchase order will be deemed to be an assent to these terms and to any terms contained in any Quotation we provide or have provided you. They supersede any inconsistent provisions contained on your purchase order.
We welcome your check. Please note: Checks returned unpaid by your financial institution are subject to a Service Charge of the maximum allowed by law. Checks returned for insufficient or uncollected funds, together with Service Charges, may be debited electronically from your account or collected using a bank draft drawn from your account.
Unless merchant and customer specifically agree otherwise in writing, all shipments are made as per ExWorks 2000; Barrington, New Jersey, USA using packaging and shipping methods selected by us. Customers can specify their shipping carrier by selecting their own freight collect account (UPS and Fedex options) in the Cart Checkout Process or by contacting our Sales Department.
We offer three shipping methods: Standard: 3 – 8 Business Days, Priority: 2 – 3 Business Days, and Express: 1 Business Day. Each has its own associated shipping rate (as outlined in the following Shipping Charges Table). Also, there are additional charges for Oversized Items, and HazMat shipping (detailed below). Note: Any date of delivery is only an estimate and we will have no liability for late or partial deliveries. We may refuse to fulfill any order for any reason. We have no responsibility for loss or damage to the goods after we have delivered them to any common carrier.
|For Orders Totaling||Standard||Priority||Express|
|up to - $100.00||$8.99||$16.99||$38.99|
|$100.01 - $500.00||$8.99||$17.99||$42.99|
|$500.01 - $1,000.00||$9.99||$21.99||$49.99|
|$1,000.01 - $2,000.00||$10.99||$27.99||$61.99|
|$2,000.01 - $5,000.00||$10.99||$32.99||$68.99|
|$5,000.01 - $10,000.00||$12.99||$40.99||$82.99|
|$10,000.01 - $25,000.00||$15.99||$53.99||$101.99|
|$25,000.01 or more||$16.99||$57.99||$105.99|
* Sales Tax is charged on shipping to CT, ID, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX and WA.
A street address is required. If you have a post office box only, we will ship via US Postal Service.
All orders received before 7:30 PM ET Monday thru Friday and 12:45 PM ET Saturday, may be shipped the same day within the US, contingent upon credit approval and merchandise availability. See shipping chart above for charges. Certain heavy or bulk items are excluded. Street address only, no APO, FPO, or PO Box. Express charges apply only to destinations in the continental USA. PR orders please allow one extra day for processing.
Products designated as hazardous material will only ship via ground in the continental US. No 2-day or overnight delivery or overseas shipping services are available. For Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS), contact our sales department.
Terms of sale are those as defined by Incoterms 2000. Contact the International Chamber of Commerce for a copy of the terms. All exports are subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Dept. of Commerce, and other U.S. governmental organizations. Our commodities, technologies, and software are exported from the U.S. in accordance with applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations. Re-export or diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. Edmund Optics, Inc. does not directly or indirectly sell any products to, nor provide information or services to, individuals or organizations located in or representing the following countries: Afghanistan, Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea), Sudan, Syria, and Zimbabwe. Edmund Optics, Inc. will review on a case-by-case basis orders/quotes in order to be in accordance with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations as aforementioned, but will not provide information or services to, individuals or organizations located in or representing the following countries: Albania, Angola (UNITA), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cambodia, China (PR, HK, and Macau), Croatia, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Laos, Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Serbia and Montenegro, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Somalia, Tajikstan, Vietnam, Western Sahara, and Yemen.
Certain categories of products and technology require an export license and/or investigation of the ultimate destination and uses to which they will be put before being eligible for export. You agree to cooperate with such investigation to the extent required by U.S. law. All terms of International Orders are subject to change without notice. If you do not currently have an account with Edmund Optics Inc., pre-payment for international orders is required.
Payment Options for International Orders
- Check or Money Order - Must be made in US dollars and drawn on a US bank
- Credit Card - MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club, American Express, or Optima.
- Cash Against Documents (CAD) - Minimum $1,000.00 order. Your bank name, address and account number are required.
- Irrevocable letter of credit confirmed by a US bank. All bank charges incurred either inside or outside applicant’s country must be applied to the applicant’s account.
- Bank Wire Transfer - Minimum $125.00 order. The $25.00 processing fee is included in the shipping/handling charge for all quotes paid by wire transfer. Please contact our sales department for details.
Order will ship via UPS after payment is processed. Delivery is based on availability of stock. Shipping is as per ExWorks 2000; Barrington, NJ, USA.
Need to return a product? At Edmund Optics, we are committed to making sure you are completely satisfied. If by chance you would like to return a catalog product within 30 days of purchase, all we ask is the following:
- Obtain a return authorization number by contacting our customer service department at 1-800-363-1992 or emailing [email protected]
- Return product with original packaging and the return authorization number clearly noted on the shipping carton
- After 30 days, you will still need to obtain a return authorization number; however, unless otherwise provided in a specific warranty, only products found to be defective are accepted for repair or replacement for a period of one (1) year from invoice date.
- Return authorizations are valid 14 days from issue.
- All returned products are subject to inspection. Products displaying use, misuse, or other damage will not be accepted.
- Products must be returned in original manufacturers packaging (wrap mirrors in lens tissue before placing in foam packaging). Products should be packaged in a separate carton with the return authorization number clearly marked on the shipping container.
- A minimum 25% restocking fee will be charged for all returns between 31 and 120 days if the item is received in its original packaging and is unopened.
- Shipping and handling charges will not be refunded.
- Software and select products do not qualify for a refund based on usage.
- Refunds are issued by check for pre-paid merchandise. Credit order refunds are issued to the credit card or seller’s open account to which the product was charged.
Questions? Need additional assistance? Please contact a customer service representative for additional details.
Other than as expressly set forth above or as contained in any express warranties provided with products and the extent permitted by law, the seller makes no warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness of the merchandise for any particular purpose. The seller shall not be liable for loss or damage resulting from the use or performance of the products. In no event shall the seller be liable to the buyer or its customers for any special, indirect, incidental, exemplary or punitive damages resulting from loss of use, interruption of business, or lost profits, even if the seller has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall the seller's aggregate liability to the buyer and its customers exceed the amount paid for products purchased under this agreement in the prior 6 months.
Sales transactions are governed by the internal law of the State of New Jersey, U.S.A. and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Jersey courts in the event of any dispute.
We collect sales tax on shipments to AZ, CA, CO, CT, IL, MA, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA and WA addresses, unless the purchaser supplies us with a signed official state resale certificate or sales tax exemption certificate with the order. Purchasers outside the aforementioned states are responsible for their state or local sales/use tax, if any, and any other taxes payable by reason of this transaction.
Sales tax is charged on shipping to CT, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX and WA.
Warranty and Safety Information
Edmund Optics brand microscopes and magnifiers have a five year warranty. For other products, an additional manufacturer's warranty or material safety data sheets may be available. Please call or write us for information.
If your unit is out of warranty but needs repairs, please write to us for repair information.